Traditional sicilian arancini
This is an easy and economical dish to make. Originally from Sicily, aranci is easy to eat at the table or even to take away.
Done in 3 h. 30 min.
- 15 min.
- 15 min.
- 3 h.
1 deep fryer 1 sauce pan 1 mixing bowl
Ingredients for 8 parts
- Put all the ingredients to prepare the rice in a large non-stick pan. Turn on the heat and cook over medium heat, without stirring.
- Continue cooking until the rice has absorbed all the water.
- Turn off the heat and pour the contents into a saucepan, leaving to cool at least 3 hours.
- In the palm of your hand, form a ball with a handful of rice. Open the ball and fill it with a ball of filling.
- Close well and compact with very damp hands.
- Form a fairly liquid dough with the water and flour. Add the arancini and finish the breading with the breadcrumbs.
- Fry in plenty of hot oil. The arancini should be completely immersed in the oil. Take out the arancini when they are golden.
- Arrange them on absorbent paper, let cool and serve.