How to easily prepare homemade kefir?
Kefir is rich in probiotics, vitamins, minerals and enzymes, making it a beneficial drink for digestive, immune and general health. There are many recipes for preparing kefir, but here is a simple and effective method to get started.
Done in 1 d. 10 min.
- 10 min.
- 1 d.
1 strainer 1 wood spoon 1 glass bottle 1L 1 glass pot 2L 1 funnel
Ingredients for 4 parts
- Pour the water into a glass jar, add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Add the dried fig, lemon slice and kefir grains.
- Cover the jar with a cloth held with an elastic band. Leave to ferment at room temperature away from direct sunlight.
- After 24 hours to 48 hours, filter the kefir with a strainer and transfer to a bottle with a lever cap.
- To obtain as much sparkling as desired, continue the fermentation in the bottle and put it in the refrigerator to stop the fermentation.
- Collect the kefir grains in the strainer and store them in the fridge in a half-open jar with water and a little sugar. It is possible to reuse these grains indefinitely.