Pumpkin syrup with 4 spices
Pumpkin syrup is a fall treat that will warm your heart and soul. It's made from pumpkin puree, sugar, spices and vanilla, and it has a sweet and spicy flavor that pairs perfectly with coffee, tea or milk. Pumpkin syrup is also very easy to prepare at home, with simple and natural ingredients. If you like chai lattes, you will love pumpkin syrup to make it even more delicious and fragrant. Chai latte is a drink made from black tea infused with spices like cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and cloves, and mixed with hot milk and honey. To add pumpkin syrup, simply pour a tablespoon or two of syrup into your cup, before pouring in the tea and milk mixture. This will result in a creamy, smooth and flavorful pumpkin chai latte. Pumpkin syrup is therefore a magical ingredient that transforms your hot drinks into real moments of pleasure. It also provides you with health benefits, as pumpkin is rich in vitamin A, fiber and antioxidants. So, don’t hesitate to try pumpkin syrup and use it for chai latte, you won’t regret it!
Done in 35 min.
- 10 min.
- 25 min.
Ingredients for 20 parts
- Cut the pumpkin into pieces and cook it in 2 volumes of water until the flesh is tender when you insert the knife.
- Drain and set aside in a bowl.
- Rinse the pan. Mix the water and sugar. Once dissolved, place the saucepan over medium heat and gently allow this syrup to thicken.
- Meanwhile, mash the pumpkin with a fork.
- When the syrup has reached 105°C (thick consistency, but without coloring) lower the heat and add the puree to the saucepan.
- Mix and add the spices.
- Let simmer over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, then remove from heat.
- Filter the contents of the saucepan into the strainer to keep only the syrup.
- Store the syrup in a glass bottle or jar.