Easy to do homemade dried tenderloin
As an aperitif, in a starter or even for a sandwich, the dried filet mignon is a must. And why not also use it during a raclette? This homemade dried filet mignon recipe is quick and easy to make. However, it is necessary to take a little in advance to allow a minimum drying time of three weeks. Better than at the store, it costs a quarter of the price, you can vary the spices and you will thus avoid nitrates and other chemical products.
Done in 21 d. 7 h. 20 min.
- 20 min.
- 7 h.
- 21 d.
Ingredients for 15 parts
- Trim the pork tenderloin, removing the fat and tendon remains.
- Roll the fillet in the sugar, place it on 1 cm of salt and cover it completely with the remaining salt. Cover the container and place it in the refrigerator for 7 hours
- Remove the meat from the container and rinse it under plenty of water to desalinate it. Dry the piece in a paper towel.
- Roll the meat in the spices several times so that as much material as possible sticks to the meat
- Place the fillet on the tea towel
- Tie the tea towel with the twine and put the filet mignon back to dry in the bottom of the refrigerator for 3 weeks.