Soft pita bread
Pita bread, Arabic bread, Syrian bread, Lebanese bread, Turkish bread or simply pita is a flat and round bread originating from the Middle East. This recipe allows you to prepare it quickly thanks to the sugar which must accelerate the fermentation of the yeast and the rest at room temperature. The pita can be used for making sandwiches or simply as bread at the table.
Done in 23 min.
- 2 min.
- 1 min.
- 20 min.
Ingredients for 2 parts
- In the plate, mix the water with the yeast and sugar. Fraser then with the flour.
- Form a ball and leave covered for 20 minutes so that the dough does not dry out and the gluten network begins to form.
- Knead on the work surface, stretching and rotating the dough. After 10 min., when the dough no longer sticks, form a ball and squeeze it if necessary. Let the dough relax for a few minutes.
- Lower the ball by pressing lightly with your fingers. Then roll out the dough with the rolling pin to the diameter of the pan.
- Preheat the pan then place the galette.
- Cover with the lid. After a few minutes flip the pancake and cook as much.
- as a result, the pita bread should have a few well-cooked ‘eyes’, while remaining soft.
- You can garnish the bread with falafel, lettuce, tomato, onion, white sauce. Roll the pita tightly then wrap it, it's easier to eat.