Traditional far with prunes from Brittany
Far Breton is a delicious and easy-to-prepare dessert that will take you on a journey to Brittany. All it takes is a few simple ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen, and a little patience to let the cake bake and brown. You will obtain a soft and fragrant Far Breton, with tender and delicious prunes. You can enjoy it warm or cold, with a scoop of ice cream or custard if you wish. Far Breton is a treat for young and old, which can be shared with family or friends. So, what are you waiting for to get started on the Far Breton recipe with prunes?
Done in 3 h. 55 min.
- 5 min.
- 1 h. 50 min.
- 2 h.
Ingredients for 8 parts
- Soak the prunes in the rum and lukewarm water.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix sugar, flour, eggs and lukewarm milk.
- Bake for 110 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- Let sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours before consuming