Romanian traditional Cozonac 🇷🇴
Cozonac is a traditional Romanian dish served during major religious holidays. Ingredients may vary depending on region
Done in 5 h.
- 1 h.
- 1 h.
- 3 h.
2 sauce pans 2 mixing bowls 1 rolling pin 2 cake molds
Ingredients for 30 parts
- In a saucepan. Dissolve a spoonful of sugar in half the milk. Heat to 30°celsius. Add the yeast. Add a spoonful of flour, mix and set aside.
- In a saucepan put the zest to color in the rest of the milk and the sugar.
- In a large bowl. Mix nuts and 3 egg whites, cocoa and rum and a teaspoon of milk.
- In a basin. Mix flour, 3 egg yolks and salt
- Put the pan of yeast into the pan of flour. Then the saucepan of milk and zest. Knead 10 min. Add the oil and knead until you obtain an elastic, non-oily dough. Put a lid on. Leave to rest in a fairly warm place for 1 hour.
- Separate the ball into four. Oil the work surface.
- Roll out a quarter into a rectangle the size of a pizza, approximately 2 mm. Spread a quarter of the cocoa mixture then a spoonful of cocoa. A quarter of the grapes. Roll the sausage.
- Repeat the operation for the second dough piece.
- Twist the sausages together.
- Place in a mold.
- Repeat the operation for the second cozonac.
- Let the dough double.
- Preheat the oven to 180°c. Brush the cozonaci with a beaten egg. Place in the oven and cook until the top is nicely browned. Check the cooking using the tip of a knife; it must remain dry.
- Brush them with sugar water and sprinkle with a few pinches of sugar. Eat cold.